Meet Dr. Mark Knollman
Dentist in Asheville
Hockey Players Make Better Dentists!
Hockey players do make better dentists – a little known fact, but true. At age 17, my face slammed to the ice. In disbelief, I watched my front tooth (root and all) spin across the ice. I picked it up and instinctively placed it back in the socket. A dentist was born!
In the following years, I spent many hours in a dental chair. By age 22, I had seen every dental specialist. Although my experiences were not particularly enjoyable, I wasn’t afraid either. I knew that was not the norm and gradually became interested in my “home away from home”. To this day, I never forget what it’s like to be a patient.
I began my dental education at the University of Missouri, Kansas City. By this time, I had come to the harsh realization that the St. Louis Blues would not be inviting me to their training camp, and I would have to get a “real job”. Now I find myself in a beautiful office with a great view of the mountains. Each day is spent with a wonderful staff taking care of people that are more like friends than patients. I’m glad I made the right career choice.
Dental education never ends. I have been blessed to rub elbows with some of the brightest of our profession. My practice style has been honed at two prestigious centers for advanced dental education: The Pankey Institute and The Dawson Academy.
Your Teeth Deserve Superior Care
Dr. Knollman offers a number of dental treatments that can keep your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful. Contact us today!
Asheville Dentist Dr. Knollman
- Academy of Computerized Dentistry of North America
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Buncombe County Dental Society (President-1999)
- Dawson Academy Alumni Association
- Florida Prosthodontic Study Club
- L. D. Pankey Institute Alumni Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Western North Carolina Study Club
- Rotary International (Paul Harris Fellow)
- Eblen Foundation
- Asheville-Buncombe Community Christian Ministry
- The Downtown Welcome Table / Haywood St. Congregation